After the last post, I went along to the Print Room at the University of Lincoln to try them out on press filmen strafe.

Unfortunately, this didn’t go well. For all the coats of varnish and a week of drying, the surface of the plate below completely disintegrated, with much of the crackle paste sticking to the print herunterladen. After several deep intakes of breath, I realised that perhaps I could do something to save what looked like a decent print. So, I see it down on the press bed, armed myself with a stiff brush and started to remove the material aolen. The process felt like revealing an artefact from an archaeological dig, as, ver the course of about an hour, the image was slowly revealed.

Landfall plate crushed
Before: near disaster – crackle paste stuck to the paper surface

Landfall print cleaned up
After: the cleaned up print

Landfall print cleaned up: on press
Luckily then, this was time well spent soy luna download your world. The destruction of the plate after one impression meant that it was a truly unique print. It looks so good that I entered it into the Kunsthuis Gallery Summer Exhibition, which takes place in June geburtstagslied mit namen kostenlos downloaden. The print, along with one other, has been accepted!

With the plate surface destroyed, I had to remake the surface detail. Rather than trying to replicate the same surface detail, I took a different approach to the mark making facebook videos download ios app. Inking the plate in blues and greens produced the print below. The whole series of plates had to be smoothed with glasspaper and re-coated with varnishes before they would be ready for printing herunterladen. To help protect them through the press, one blanket was removed to decrease the pressure without altering the press settings. They are also tougher now and won’t crack, so I’ll be able to get on with printing the whole series quite soon clash of clans kostenlos herunterladen für pc.

Landfall plate print (blue/green)


Find all my posts about Art Printworks stories on Twitter at: #artprintstories